Cauliflower & Lentil Curry
Shopping & Ingredients List
2 tbsp Coconut Oil, 1 Onion finely chopped, 1 Garlic Clove finely chopped, 25g Root Ginger grated, 2 tsp Ground Coriander, 2 tsp Ground Cumin, ½ tsp Ground Turmeric, 75g Red Split Lentils, 150ml Vegetable Stock hot, 100g drained Chickpeas, 2 Peppers sliced, 1-2 Chillies sliced, 300g Cauliflower cut into small florets, 1 large Carrot sliced, 400ml Reduced Fat Coconut Milk, 3 tbsp Coriander chopped, 1 tbsp Lemon Juice, Salt & Pepper to season.
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a large saucepan & gently cook the onion & peppers for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic, ginger, ground coriander, cumin & turmeric & cook for 2 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Stir in the lentils, then pour in the stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover & gently simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan & fry the cauliflower for 2–3 minutes until lightly browned. Add to the lentil mixture with the carrots, coconut milk & chillies.
- Bring the curry back to a gentle simmer & cook for a further 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the chickpeas & cook for 3–4 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped coriander & lemon juice, then season to taste with salt & pepper.
Macro info per serving
- Protein 9.5g
- Carbs 30.2g
- Fat 19.7g
- Energy 337 Kcal